Thursday, September 4, 2008

Preliminary Analysis: Nietzsche, “On Truth and Lies in an Extra-Moral Sense”

Hello everyone, so I figured I would get the ball rolling in terms of discussion on the blog. So I begin reading the Nietzsche and I am immediately confused about some ideas. First off, being used to a different style of writing, I immediately expect direct examples; his analysis of the ideas seems rather limited because he provides no real support for his arguments. And I say real, meaning actual provable topics. In addition, is it just me, or does Nietzsche seem extremely critical of human kind? His use of the words, "wretched... of his ignorance... employ the intellect mostly for simulation alone," seem extremely disbeleiving of the sometimes stated 'natural good' that humanity contains. What exactly is Nietzsche's goal here; is he attempting to strike fear upon his audience, or is he merely expressing his frustration with the refractory nature of the human race?

-Zachary E. Blender-

No comments: