Sunday, November 16, 2008

This Tuesday

Hey everyone,

So although the discussion on Thursday was really good, I'm still feeling like we could use a little more time to finish up with "The Lover." And looking at the syllabus, there's also some "Writing Analytically" (pg. 120-136) scheduled for Tuesday. I'm still hoping that there'll be a little bit of time to start with the Cortazar story ("Blow-Up"), but given the way things usually go in class, I'm a little doubtful. So why doesn't everybody review "The Lover" and "Writing Analytically," and do a quick read of the Cortazar story, just to get a sense of what happens in it. As I said, it's not a very long story, but it is a little enigmatic. We can also talk a bit in class about how we want to arrange the next few weeks.

Also, I just took a look at the link I posted for the Cortazar story, and it's a little weird, with different sized typefaces and the like (which are not part of the story! Apologies to those of you who may have taken a look and started to construct paper topics around the relationship of font-size to plot). So I'll try to find a better on-line source, or if I have to do a quick scan that you can download. Stay posted.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend.

-Ben

No comments: